Wednesday 6 February 2013

Maximising Publicity


When I became President of the Rotary Club of Hucknall I wanted to make the most of the opportunities offered me to promote the wonderful variety within Rotary. Writing a blog and utilising social media has enabled me to do this.  It has also allowed me to develop local media links which have been useful in communicating and sharing local stories of interest.

This blog, our facebook page, twitter feed and web site are all linked together in order to communicate our purpose effectively.  This has proved to be such a success that I have been asked by the Rotary District team to encourage other Rotary clubs to use social media.

The contacts that we have also established with the local media led to an invitation, along with other bloggers and community groups, to the offices of Nottingham Post.

I parked in Broadmarsh Car Park, going straight to the open roof level and took advantage of the photographic landscape before me.

In the meeting room of The Post were several other people I knew and we were presented with the new social networking capacities of their website.

Nottingham Post are re-launching their website as I write and are hoping for greater interaction from individuals and local groups.  This will provide one the opportunity of sharing their news, commenting on topics of interest, entering into debate with other users. Hopefully it will also lead to an increase in website traffic as the Nottingham Post readership may also wish to visit the blog or website of the ‘poster.’ 
Please visit   http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/
and register to use the site. 





No comments:

Post a Comment