Sunday 3 February 2013

Nottingham's Charter Dinner

The Rotary Club of Nottingham is one of the oldest in the United Kingdom and Friday evening saw Nottingham Rotarians celebrate their 95th Charter Anniversary at Mr Chung's Chinese restaurant in Mapperley.

The Charter was characterized with excellent food and fellowship, and moving away from the tradition and formality of some Rotary Charters, we were asked to bring our greetings in an amusing fashion with the winner being awarded a bottle of Champagne.   I thought my greetings were in with a chance, but I was 'disqualified' because I mentioned how I  made President Peter's chain of office disappear in July and it hadn't re-appeared yet !!

The rightful winner was President Martin of Selby, who had traveled from Yorkshire to the event along with his wife and were good friends of  Peter & Karen Lewis.



No comments:

Post a Comment