Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sponsored Swimarathon


For over 45 years, Hucknall Rotary Club have organised a Sponsored Swim event for local community and youth groups inviting them to participate and raise funds.  At the most recent annual Swimarathon, 42 swimmers representing 9 different groups entered the water raising over £ 1,000 for their causes.  This included 14 year old Victoria Widdowson of 8th Hucknall Guides who swam over 128 lengths of the 25 metre pool at Hucknall Leisure Centre which equates to 2 miles in under 2 hours.  
Everyone had great fun, really enjoying the afternoon.  I entered the water to swim and discovered just why I said that I would try and practice beforehand.  The chap swimming in the same lane as me completed 86 lengths.  It felt like I only managed 86 steps!!!  My excuse is that I have only recently learnt to swim.
You can follow our club on Twitter and Facebook  for more information   www.facebook.com/HucknallRC   @HucknallRC 



No comments:

Post a Comment