Monday 29 October 2012

Flying the Flag for Hucknall Part Two


As part of the worldwide community art  project, THE BIG DRAW, community groups in Hucknall had united under the banner ‘Flying the Flag for Hucknall.’  The climax of the scheme took place during the October school half-term week where free art and craft activities took place.   I offered to go on a rota to help at one of the venues and not being an ‘art type’ myself was amazed at the creativity the artists from Rufford Craft Centre exhibited in engaging all to be involved. 

The day I was involved, the main focus was on using different types of techniques and materials to create prints.   It was good fun and amazing to see how an individual’s imagination was unlocked and contributed to community art.  If art lessons, had been this interactive when I was at school, I might have developed a greater interest!




No comments:

Post a Comment