Wednesday 3 October 2012

Oh Danny Boy


On Tuesday 2nd October I attended Sutton-in-Ashfield’s charter. 
I was able to chat to members of the GSE team  that I introduced in my last blog. 
 It’s not often I will get the opportunity to share Rotary fellowship with a member of the Rotary Club of Mount Everest!.


GSE Team Leader PP Nugal Vaidya of the Rotary Club of Mt Everest



 
Kirby sing for their supper!
 
 
 
As I’m learning, this charter also featured some long standing traditions.  Their sister club, Kirby-in-Ashfield sang their greetings which is something they do every year.  This year, their choice was a parody of “Oh Danny Boy” honouring President Danny of Sutton.  Then the concluding act of the evening was a rendition of the old song, “Love’s Sweet Old Song” which was sung at the first Sutton Charter and every one since.

The main speaker was former Notts & England Opening Batsman& Current 1st Class Cricket Umpire, Tim Robinson who entertained us with amusing stories from his career featuring himself and some of the greats of the modern game.



No comments:

Post a Comment