Saturday 20 April 2013

Church Wilne 28th Charter Aniversary


Friday 19th April was one of those nights when you wished you could be in two places at once as two different Rotary functions were taking place.  One was a charity race night at Southwell races which was raising funds for Rotary’s ongoing (but highly successful) Global Polio eradication project.  Many members of my club attended the race night.

However, it also clashed with the charter of Church Wilne club.  As members of Church Wilne had supported my charter earlier in the year, and I have got to know a few of their members, I felt I wanted to support the Charter.

So myself and Past District Governor Neil Sharman (who has kindly chauffeured me to most Charters) travelled over to Littleover Lodge Hotel to share in the festivities.

A good meal was followed by the usual toast and then we were entertained by London comedian Bob Scott .  The gag I can remember concerned Fred who was telling his mate that he’d been to the doctor but couldn't remember whether he was dyslexic or arthritic.  His mate advises him to get a dictionary and look for dyslexia.  “What good will that do,” says Fred.
“Well,” says his mate, “If you can find it, it means you've got arthritis!”





No comments:

Post a Comment