Saturday 20 April 2013

Membership and Visioning

The latest guest speaker at Hucknall Rotary Club was Rotary's District membership chairman Noel Harrison.   Rotary has certainly become more flexible in recent years in it's approach to recruit and retain new members.  Noel shared with us some of the exciting developments being made and some of the innovative approach clubs are now able to take

I'd also had featured a 'guest column' which I authored in our local newspaper, the Hucknall Dispatch.promoting the club and membership so it was a timely message:

www.hucknalldispatch.co.uk/news/guest-columnist-ian-young-president-of-the-rotary-club-of-hucknall-1-5584593/


I have been working quite closely with Noel on Rotary Club Visioning which is something I've previously written about.  Two days after speaking to my club about new membership schemes including Visioning, the District Vision Facilitation team (which Noel chairs) led the first  session to be held in the East Midlands District.

It was a personal challenge for me as I was the Lead Facilitation as we launched the visioning concept at the Rotary Club of Carlton.  I was most fortunate to have a superb team working with me and we found that we needed the team of 5/6 members for the delivery we wanted to make.  We wanted to ensure that we got off to a great start and a fruitful evening was held with Carlton Rotarians casting a wide vision for their club in the next 5 years.   The feedback received was very encouraging but the real measure will be the fulfillment of the vision in 3-5 years time.




No comments:

Post a Comment